Melia is looking for a Logistics Supervisor to fill a permanent position for its major client located on the South Shore of Montreal.
Reporting to the Logistics Director, the Logistics Supervisor will directly support the Director and be responsible for achieving the objectives of his business units in the American market.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
The Logistics Supervisor will have the following functions:
- Establish action plans in line with the strategic planning of the departments; - Attraction strategy for the maintenance and development of new customers; - Participate in meetings with our 3PLs and U.S. carriers; - Daily follow-up of American logistics operations; - Develop global logistics performance reports for the company; - Propose, analyze and implement improvements to the WMS; - Make sure to control costs related to his sector; - Formulate operational and economic objectives to be achieved in the short and medium term; - Manage the capacity of the specialized fleet by validating the optimization of trips; - Demonstrate innovation while being highly focused on continuous improvement and the team concept; - Establish, monitor and analyze performance indicators (KPI).
In order to join the team, you must have:
The requirements for the position of Logistics Supervisor are as follows:
- DEC in operations management or equivalent; - 3-5 years experience in logistics with the American market; - Experience with 3PLs and project management; - Strong knowledge of the Office Suite (Advanced Excel); - Excellent understanding of WMS, ERP and EDI systems; - Leadership and good stress management; - Focused on problem solving; - Strong organizational and analytical skills; - Bilingualism essential - written and spoken (English / French)
Advantages of the Logistics Supervisor;
- Team-oriented environment
- Group insurance and employee benefits
- A company with great values close to its employees
Are you interested in the Logistics Supervisor opportunity? We are waiting for your application!
Send us your resume or contact Marie-Claude Thibault at 450-494-0172.
Diversity is a fundamental practice in our recruitment process. Therefore, we are committed to the principle of employment equity and equal employment opportunities for all.